Sea Fisheries Administration
Role of the Division
The principal functions of the Division are in the areas of sea fishing boat licensing and registration, management and development of fishery harbours and coast protection.
Specifically, its responsibilities are:
- Sea fishing boat Licensing and registration
- Management and operation of the six Fishery Harbour Centres at Castletownbere, Dunmore East, Howth, Killybegs, Dingle and Rossaveel
- Administration of the Fishery Harbour and Coastal Infrastructure Development Programme (including management of the Fisheries and Coastal Infrastructure sub-programme of the National Development Plan, 2007 - 2013);
- Registration of Sea Fishing Boats All fishing boats within the meaning of the Merchant Shipping (Registry, Lettering and Numbering of Fishing Boats) Regulations, 2005 (doc 82Kb) are required to be entered on the Register of Fishing Boats maintained by the Department in accordance with those Regulations. Only fishing boats licensed in accordance with Section 4 of the FisheriesAmendmentAct2003.pdf (pdf 810Kb) (as inserted by section 97 of the SeaFisheriesandMaritimeJurisdictionAct2006.pdf (pdf 578Kb) may be entered on the Register).
- Is responsible for the Department's 6 Fishery Harbour Centres
- and the Department's capital investment programmes under the NDP for fishery harbours and coast protection.
- Administers the sea fishing boat licensing regime. (2015 (xls 26Kb)
- Maintains the Irish sea fishing fleet register. (Irish Fleet Register (20.01.2015) (xls 522Kb)
- Appeals cases, Sea-Fishing Boat Licensing Appeals Officers under Fisheries (Amendment) Act 2003
- Financial Management And Control Procedures - For The Financial Instrument For Fisheries Guidance (Fifg) 2000-2006 (doc 148Kb)