DAFM approved establishments
The Hygiene Package
The European Community's food and feed hygiene legislation (the Hygiene Package) came into effect across all Member States from 1st January 2006. The Hygiene Package revises and consolidates legislation in relation to:
- Food and feed hygiene the production
- Control and marketing of products of animal origin
- And animal health issues in relation to the production of those products.
The Hygiene Package was transposed into Irish law by the European Communities (Food and Feed Hygiene) Regulations 2009, S.I. 432 of 2009
Since January 2006 the Department has been carrying out inspections of all existing and new meat establishments for approval under the Hygiene Package (as provided for in S.I. 432 of 2009). The list of establishments approved under below
What is in this section?
- Approval Process
- Information note on the approval process for meat processing establishments (doc 36Kb)
- Notice of Intent (doc 123Kb)
- Application Form (doc 135Kb)
- Meat Establishments (incorporating Fish, Egg & Dairy Establishments) Approved by the Department under S.I. 432 of 2009 (xls 125Kb)
- Meat Establishments approved by the Department under S.I. 434 of 1997 (doc 27Kb)
- Milk and Dairy establishments approved and/or registered under the Hygiene Regulations (xls 98Kb)