Food safety controls on milk
Milk Hygiene - Approval and Inspection Service
Milk Hygiene section and Dairy Controls & Certification Division implement EU and national legislation to approve and supervise food business operators involved in the production of milk and milk based products. Controls are implemented to verify that legal standards of quality and safety for human consumption are maintained from production at farm level, through to manufacturing and storage.
Dairy Controls & Certification Division staff are authorised under the relevant legislation and carry out monitoring and enforcement measures, including inspections, audits and product sampling, to verify compliance with legislation. The control programmes also provide for the certification of dairy products for export to Third Country markets.
Further details on the registration/approval process, including application forms and information pack for Dairy Establishments are available from:
Milk Hygiene Section, Tel. 057 8694355 or email email@example.com
Click here for Legislation, which is available on the Website under the heading Food Safety Controls on Meat .
Application Form to Amend a Food Business Operators Approval (pdf 109Kb)
Trader Notices 2015
- Registration Form for the Supply of Raw Milk by a Primary Producer for Direct Human Consumption, to Retailers and/or Final customers (doc 75Kb)
- Trader Notice DH/1A/2015 (Bovine) (doc 343Kb)
- Trader Notice DH/1B/2015 (Ovine, Caprine) (doc 241Kb)
- Trader Notice DH/1C/2015 (Buffalo) (doc 103Kb)
- Trader Notice DH/2/2015 (doc 29Kb)