Achievements in the last 12 months
“BETTER Farm Beef Programme delivered a 53% increase in gross
margins across the 31 monitor farms.”
DAFM – secured market openings in 2015 for:
- Beef – USA, Canada, Iran (reopened), Philippines (extension), Oman and
- Sheepmeat – Philippines (extension), Oman and Maldives.
- Pigmeat - Philippines (extension), South Africa and Maldives.
- Appointed agricultural attaché in Abu Dhabi.
- Commenced roll-out of Rural Development Programme.
- Established a water forum network to strengthen the parallel delivery of
good water quality and safe sustainable food production.
- Job Commitments to EI Approvals - more than 850 jobs created.
- Significant Client Investments - 39 Projects > €500k investment.
- Food High Potential Start-ups - 9 High Potential start-ups.
- Foreign Direct Investments - 6 (includes 3 expansions).
- Centre of Consumer Insights launched.
- Participated in various trade fairs including: Gulfood 2016, Anuga in
Germany, SIAL in Paris plus UK and French Trade receptions in December.
- Bloom celebrated its 10th birthday in June with the key messages of Origin
Green and sustainability. It provided an unrivalled platform for the country’s
amenity horticulture sector and its craft food and drink producers.
- Developed Trend Trackers.
- Opened Taste the Atlantic: A seafood Journey – a new way to experience the
Wild Atlantic Way.
- Rolled out a communication strategy between the Responsibly Sourced
Standard (RSS) and Origin Green prepared by BIM and Bord Bia.
- Held the first Seafood Innovation Academy for large companies on 3
- Approved five applications under BIM Seafood Scaling & New Market
- Launched the new Meat Technology Centre to drive research, innovation and
- Operated Phase II of the Teagasc/Irish Farmers Journal BETTER Farm Beef
Programme delivered a 53% increase in gross margins across the 31 monitor
farms. Over 87% of the financial performance increase was due to technical on
- Commenced the roll out of the Beef Data Genomics Programme (BDGP)
- Published a new booklet, Guidelines to Longterm Land