By using this website, you consent to our use of cookies. For more information on cookies see our privacy policy page.

Text Size: a a
Home A-Z Index Subscribe/RSS Contact Us Twitter logo small white bird

Doyle announces payments commence for 2017 Organic Farming Scheme

Mr. Andrew Doyle T.D. Minster of State with responsibility for Organics at the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, has announced that the 2017 advance payments have commenced under the Organic Farming Scheme.

The Minister commented “I am delighted to announce that advance payments under this scheme are starting to flow for Organic farmers. I am very pleased that we have met our commitment to commence these payments in December as promised. The scheme is one of our key drivers in increasing Irish organic output which will help us exploit the vast market opportunities internationally for this product”.

The Organic Farming Scheme is a major scheme under Ireland’s Rural Development Programme. Some 1,600 farmers receive a payment under this scheme to support their organic enterprise and these advance payments consist of 85% of the full payment due for the year. The balancing payments for the remaining 15% will be paid in 2018 as per EU rules.  Annual payments under the Organic Farming Scheme come to over €10m. 

The first advance payments have issued to some participant’s bank accounts this week with more scheduled to issue during the last week in December.

 

 

ENDS

Date Released: 22 December 2017