Funding for Participation in SUSFOOD2 ERA-NET - A Horizon 2020 ERA-NET Cofund on Sustainable Food Production and Consumption
The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) invites eligible Irish Research Performing Organisations (RPOs) to submit joint research proposals under the Horizon 2020 ERA-NET SUSFOOD2.
The SUSFOOD2 Call, entitled "Sustainable Food Production and Consumption" is seeking research proposals to address the development of more sustainable food systems from production to consumption.
The Call research topics are:
Topic 1: Innovation in food processing technologies and products
Topic 2: Providing added value, increased resource efficiency and reduction of waste in sustainable food systems
Topic 3: Understanding consumer behavior and food choices
Topic 4: Harmonisation of the methods and metrics for integrated assessment of sustainability of food products and food patterns
For detailed description of the topics see the Call Guideline Document.
The SUSFOOD2 consortium consists of 26 partner organisations from 15 countries (plus 2 associated partners from Belgium and New Zealand) who have pledged a combined budget of up to €14 million to successful project proposals. This includes a co-funding of approximately €4m by the European Commission.
DAFM has pledged to commit up to €750,000 in funding for successful Irish participants. Proposals are expected to be transnational, and must consist of at least three independent eligible legal entities from at least three SUSFOOD2 partner countries.
The Call has now opened (09th January 2017) and the SUSFOOD2 Call Guidelines for Irish Applicants (pdf 534Kb) details the funding opportunities and the process requirements for Irish-based and Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) approved Research Producing Organisations.
A two-step application process will be used in this call (pre-proposal and full proposal). Pre-proposals (in English) must be submitted via the SUSFOOD2 Call Management Tool by 3pm CET on 13th March 2017.
Further details, regarding submission, eligibility, evaluation criteria and other relevant information is available on the SUSFOOD2 website.
A Webinar will be will be hosted shortly for interested applicants to provide an overview of the call´s scope, the requirements for proposal preparation and information on the submission tool; participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions
- For secretariat support please contact: Nikola Schulz at email@example.com T +49 2461 61 96787 or Katerina Kotzia firstname.lastname@example.org T +49 228 38211688
- For further national queries please contact the Irish National Contact Point for SUSFOOD2 Patrick Barrett, Research and Codex Division, DAFM. Email: email@example.com Tel: +353 (0)1 6072302
Please note also other important documents for applicants:
- Download here a 1 page info sheet on the call to provide the most important information to potential applicants/partners
- The SUSFOOD Strategic Research Agenda (pdf)
- Previously funded projects by SUSFOOD in call 1 and call 2
- How to find partners?
- Registration to the MKB is a prerequisite to submit a research proposal.
- Follow the SUSFOOD ERA-NET on https://twitter.com/susfood_eranet