By using this website, you consent to our use of cookies. For more information on cookies see our privacy policy page.

Text Size: a a
HomeA-Z IndexSubscribe/RSS Contact Us Twitter logo small white bird



If you want to continue trading with the UK (i.e. importing or exporting) in plants, animals, or products of plant or animal origin, the person responsible for the consignment must register with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) and comply with the appropriate EU Sanitary and Phytosanitary requirements for Third Country imports.

Registration with DAFM can be undertaken by completing the attached CCS form (see below) and by emailing it to

In addition, if you are trading in live animals or products of animal origin, the person responsible for the consignment will also need access to the online system ‘TRACES.’   To register for such access, please send the request to


You are also reminded that, once the UK exit the EU, customs formalities will commence for all existing and new traders with the UK.  As a result, such traders will be required to make customs declarations and will therefore need to register for an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number.  Registration with Revenue for this number should be completed as soon as possible at

For detailed practical Advice for Importers and Exporters click here.