By using this website, you consent to our use of cookies. For more information on cookies see our privacy policy page.

Text Size: a a
Home A-Z Index Subscribe/RSS Contact Us Twitter logo small white bird

Travelling or Relocating out of Ireland with your Pet

If you are travelling on holiday or relocating with your pet out of Ireland you will need to:

  • contact the destination country for entry (certification) requirements
  • contact the Regional Veterinary Office  at least 2 months in advance of travel to ensure that  necessary documentation is available and can be certified by Department officials
  • allow sufficient time to ensure required tests can be successfully performed


The Department may not be able to provide documentation for your pet to travel if you have not contacted your Regional Veterinary Office least two months in advance of travel.